14 July 2009
Alright...so we went BACK to the doctor yesterday for Quenton's stomach, for the 5th time. My poor sweet boy just can't seem to shake his tummy problems. We started with Zantac, which worked for about 3 weeks. Then we upped his dosage, which did not work. Next, on to Prevacid (a pill that dissolves in his little mouth). Also, we are giving him Maalox, like a little old man. We have changed his formula to a more sensitive brand, that promises to help with spitting up. Now, after upping the dosage on the Prevacid for two weeks, and then trying to ween him back down (which is not working)...we decided to head back to the pediatrician for our next step.
So, the doctor now says his "best case scenario" is severe reflux. He is sending us to a pediatric GI for a scope of his esophagus to make sure that we aren't missing anything. Poor little guy.
But, as an update...he is weighing in at a whopping 16 lbs, 6 oz...which is the 50th percentile (much better than his 13 lbs, 10 oz from 4 weeks ago - which was the 22nd percentile) I don't have his new height, but will in one month at his 6 month checkup.
He is eating oatmeal and rice cereal, juice, prunes, bananas, pears, peas, green beans, carrots, and squash. He is rolling over both ways, reaching for toys and playing with them, taking his pacifier out and putting it back in, and sleeping from about 9:00pm until 6:00am with the occasional wake-up around 4:00am to get some more Maalox.
So, hopefully we will have a positive outcome at the GI...I will keep you posted.